Here are some commonly asked questions about the WarmGuard gas boiler cover and central heating system cover. Please click on a question below to reveal the answer – and then click it again to hide the answer!
You can either buy online through our secure HSBC payments system, or speak to our sales advisors who will manually register your payment and policy information. The first installment of £17 is payable by credit or debit card to secure your policy and we will then set up a monthly direct debit for the same amount. This will form a rolling 1 month contract – meaning that if for any reason you are unsatisfied with our service, you can cancel at any time by just giving us just 30 days notice. After the end of the 30 days, you will have no further liability and no more money will be taken from your account. Please note however that should you decide to cancel your policy after your 14 day cooling off period, a cancellation charge will apply.
The renewal of your monthly policy is automatic so you don’t even have to fill out a form. As you have set up a direct debit, your policy will renew automatically each month on receipt of your next monthly premium unless you wish to end the arrangement and have notified us accordingly. The quoted monthly premium figure of £17 inclusive of IPT will be guaranteed for the first year from the initial policy start date. Any later increases in monthly premium will be notified to you 60 days before the effective increase date.
- Used for commercial purposes
- A holiday home
- A mobile home
- In multiple-occupancy
- Breakdown and repairs to your gas boiler, its controls and central heating system
- An annual boiler safety inspection
- No excess applicable to any claims
- Unlimited call outs
- Rolling one month policy so no long term fixed contacts to tie you in
Yes, the WarmGuard gas boiler and central heating insurance is Underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited which is part of the Ageas UK Group.
- Gas pressure check to ensure the boiler is operating at the correct gas pressure.
- A flue test to ensure there are no unsafe emissions from your boiler.
- Boiler and controls inspection to make sure they are operating safely.
- Visual inspection of the boiler to check for corrosion and leaks.
Please note that the WarmGuard gas boiler and central heating system insurance:
- Is suitable for gas boilers only of under 60kW/Hr output
- Is not suitable for holiday homes, commercial premises, mobile homes, or if you are a tenant with either a private or council landlord
- Acceptance is subject to a satisfactory pre contract inspection
- The plan does not cover faults caused by lack of routine maintenance, sludge or corrosion
- Failure to pay any monthly premium by its due date will result in the suspension of cover
- Cover will cease if parts are no longer readily available
- Any replacement boiler is supplied on a ‘like for like’ basis and excludes any upgrade in specification from your original boiler
- If you decide to cancel your policy after the initial 14 day period, a cancellation charge will apply if you have received a service visit of any type, including an initial inspection. The maximum cancelation charge will be £110 and is applied for each 12 month period of cover starting from the inception date of the original policy. Any monthly premium payments made by you during the current 12 month period up to the agreed cancellation date will be offset against the cancellation charge, i.e. if you have made 5 monthly payments of £17, your cancellation charge will be £110 –[ 5 x £17 = £85] payable cancellation charge = £25.